- What were they like as a child? As a child, Maximus was well behaved and healthy.
What was their favorite toy? Max’s favorite toy was his PlayStation3.
Favorite game? Max loved his racing video games.
Playmates? As a child, Max kept to himself most of the time.
- What did they want to be when they grew up? Max didn’t have a set thing he wanted to be when he grew up. He just wanted to be happy.
- Describe their best and worst memories from childhood.
BEST: Max loved his mother, Sicily, a lot, so he enjoyed when he and her would hang out together.
WORST: Max’s older sister, Helena, would try to boss him around. which annoyed Max a lot.
OMFG. I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. *looks around, grabs Max, goes in trailer, has woohoo, dies*
- Where (and when) did they grow up? Max grew up in Ravenview, which was a farming town in the midwest of America. He grew up in the 1990s.
How did they view it as a child, and did that change as they matured? Max had a neutral opinion of Ravenview, he didn’t particularly like it or hate it, it was just home.
How do they feel about the place now? When Max moved away, he started having the opinion that he wasn’t going to be able to live the kind of life he wanted in Ravenview, but he still holds it in a positive light because his mother still lives there.
- Do they, or have they in the past, had a mentor? Yes.
What was their relationship with this person, and how has it changed since then? Max’s relationship with his mentor is his father, Alex. At first, Alex was absent from Max’s life, but they had a chance meeting when Max signed up for an after school martial arts class, and Alex was the teacher. Alex suggested starting a friendship then, and Max accepted. To this day, they remain best friends.
- What sort of education have they had? Kindergarten through high school.
Do they want more? No.
- Who was their idol growing up? Max idolized his mom. She was always quick to share a kind word with him even though her life was hard. She never neglected Max.
Who was the first person they fantasized about? Soleil Avignon.
- Who is their closest friend, and why? Dustin Xavier, because Dustin helped Max with his acting career when he was just starting out, and they’ve shared ups and downs together throughout their lives.
What do they like to do with this person? Max and Dustin like to hang out at each others’ houses, drink beer, play video games or pool, and act in movies.
- Do they have any rivals? Yes.
Who and why? Jade Greenwood. She’s sort of a rival, but more of an enemy because she kidnapped Max’s son as a ploy to get him to go out with her again.
- Have they ever been betrayed? Yes.
By who, and how did it affect them? Helena, Max’s sister. Max spent the whole day pissed off and upset, then had to do damage control.
SEX AND ROMANCE:
- What is their sexual orientation? Straight.
Do they ever question it? No.
- When did they lose their virginity? Fourteen.
Who to? Trisha Marshall. Where? The high school library. What was it like? Max liked it.
- What is their favorite sexual fantasy? Sex on the beach with his longtime partner, Soleil.
- Do they have any particular fetishes or kinks? No. Max just likes sex in general, LOL.
- What’s the strangest thing they’ve ever done in bed? Nothing in particular comes to mind.
- Is there anything in particular that they won’t do? Max won’t do anything that would harm his partner.
- What are they attracted to in a partner? Looks, attitude, someone who accepts him.
- If applicable: who is their current partner, and what attracted the character to them? Soleil Avignon. Max became attracted to Soleil first when he heard an argument between Soleil and his sister. Max was used to most girls taking his sister’s side, so he was drawn to that about Soleil. Soleil was easygoing and flirtatious, and she wasn’t afraid of initiating sexual activities. He was very happy that she was not shy.
How did they meet? Soleil often came home with Max’s sister Helena when their university would schedule breaks from class. Max always thought she was great, from a distance. Soleil came to Max’s high school graduation celebration, and that was the day she and he really got to talk. They hung out in his mother’s hot tub and then slept together for the first time that night.
How long have they been together? 18 years.
What kind of a relationship is it? Passionate, loving, and faithful.
Do they have any plans for the future? Max just wants to be with Soleil forever. Whatever they do, as long as they’re together, is perfect for him.
- What would be their perfect date? Probably one with lots of sex.
- Describe one of the character’s past relationships and what was significant about it. Maximus took a girl’s virginity in high school when she practically begged him to do it. The next day, as was Max’s norm at the time, he blew off the girl, Tina, and was mad when she kept trying to touch his leg on the school bus. He came home upset, and had a talk with his mom about it. This was the day Max figured out that relationships aren’t all bad.
- Have they ever hurt someone they loved? Not in a major way.
- Do they fall in love easily? No, Max does not fall in love easily, but he knew when he did.
- What are their dreams? Max’s dreams are to be a successful actor.
What do they want to do someday? Someday Max would like to try skydiving.
- Are there places they want to go? Yes.
Where and why? Rome, Italy, to the Coliseum, because he wants to see the environment where the gladiators once fought so long ago.
Max is at the Hollywood sign right now.
- If these don’t apply already: do they want to get married? No.
Have kids? Max already has a son named Patrick.
- Would they ever consider adopting a child? No.
Why or why not? Max doesn’t want any more children other than Patrick.
- Do they have any prominent sensory associations? (Ex. the smell of their mother’s perfume, the sound of ice cracking under their feet as a child, etc.) Soleil’s citrus body splash makes Max weak in the knees. He likes that he can tell when Soleil’s around and it comforts him.
- Who do they want to meet? Russell Crowe.
- What about them is heroic? Max stepped up to the plate at the young age of 18, to claim responsibility when he got Soleil pregnant by accident. Never once did it cross his young mind to run away, even when Soleil snapped at him because she was hormonal, or when things got hard in the early stages of Patrick growing up. He juggled his acting schedule to accommodate Soleil’s needs while she was pregnant and still in college. Max never used his job as an excuse not to help Soleil with Patrick, even as his acting career was taking off. He took life in stride and as things kept coming, he dealt with them maturely and logically.
- What would the character be like in their old age? Loyal, fun, active, he’d probably be the old guy who could kick your ass.
- Describe one (or more) plots you would like to do. Max’s generation was about judgment. Max met lots of people who just wrote him off because they thought he was a certain type of guy, so his generation was full of things like loyalty, faith, and trust. Max often had to prove himself, or felt like he had to.
- Stuck in a waiting room. Which magazine do they pick up? Entertainment Weekly.
- What is one thing in their past they’re ashamed of? Max is ashamed of the way he treated Tina, the girl who begged him to take her virginity in high school. Tina came to a party of his and he tried to blow her off again, then realized he had to be a man and just tell her he didn’t want to be with her, and that he shouldn’t have just used her for sex.
One thing they’re proud of? Max is proud of how he handled the news of Soleil’s unplanned pregnancy.
- Describe one fight they’ve had in the past (physical or otherwise). Max had a huge fight with his sister, Helena, around the time he found out Soleil was pregnant. Helena accused him of cheating on Soleil, first she just said he flirted with a new college girl in Soleil’s dorm, then she escalated her claims to say he slept with her, when he didn’t do either of those things.
- What is one thing they feel strongly about? Max feels very strongly that no one should be judged. People make mistakes, and that is what makes them human. It’s what you do with your mistakes that’s important to him.
- One trait they admire? Acceptance.
- What disturbs them? Assumptions.
- Do the ends justify the means in their eyes? Yes. Max feels like nothing in life is black and white, so just because the means look like they suck at the moment, it might have been the only way at the time to get the desired result. He has faith that he makes the right decisions to the best of his abilities.
- Are they a leader or a follower? Leader.
Why? Max’s teenage and adult years were filled with people usually being against him, so he learned to fend for himself and just do what he thought was right. He had to lead himself, because at times he felt everyone was against him.
- What do they feel responsible for? (Ex. I owe it to the world to do this.) Max wants to continue starring in movies and tv shows that entertain the world and make them think. He also hopes he’s instilled his non-judgmental, accepting attitude into his son’s character, so that there’s at least one more person in the world who feels this way.
- Do they believe that a person can redeem themselves from mistakes of the past? Yes, wholeheartedly.
- What scares them? Close-mindedness.
- How do they feel about death? Max thinks death is unpleasant when it happens to someone before their time. Otherwise, he knows it’s a natural part of the circle of life.
Have they been significantly affected by it? Yes.
- Do they value faith over reason or vice versa? Max values faith and reason equally. He’s had to have faith when his son was kidnapped, and when Helena tells him bad things about Soleil. He uses reason the other part of the time, for most other things in his life.
- Do they believe in an afterlife? Yes.
- Do they have any habits that reflect their beliefs? (Ex. regular prayer, vegetarianism, etc.) If Max is unsure about something, he just asks. It’s part of him having faith in the person whom he’s asking a hard question.
- Do they respect the beliefs of others? Yes.
- Would they be more likely to act for the good of one or the good of many? Probably for the good of one, but if his family was involved, Max would try his hardest to save as many as he could.
- Are they manipulative? As a teenager, Max had been known to manipulate a reluctant girl into sleeping with him. As an adult, Max doesn’t act manipulative anymore.
- Choose a holiday and come up with a potential scenario involving your character and that holiday. It’s Christmas time, and Max has gotten up early to make Soleil breakfast. Patrick has moved out after turning eighteen, and it’s Max and Soleil’s first Christmas alone since they had Patrick. Soleil comes downstairs, and not being a morning person, heads immediately towards the espresso machine. Max taps her on the shoulder and presents her the caramel latte that he just made for her mere seconds before she entered the kitchen. Soleil smiles groggily and Max continues cooking breakfast in his underwear. Soleil sits at the counter and drinks her coffee. Max finishes cooking and they eat together. After that they open presents and spend the rest of the day in bed.
- Is the character religious? No.
What are their views, and why or why not? Max does believe in an afterlife, but not necessarily in one entity that has control over it all. His sister was overly religious, and she was very judgmental and pretentious. Max didn’t want any of that, so he just steered clear of it all together.
- How would they like to die? Of old age.
- Choose a person, historical or fictional, and write about a meeting between them and your character. Max meets Russell Crowe, gets his autograph, and does a few minutes of practice sword fighting with him. Then they go out to lunch and talk about Gladiator.
Well… that’s the end of the character study. This was a tribute to Maximus since his generation in Echoes of Eternity has come to a close. I am now happy to welcome his son, Patrick, as the generation 2 heir. If you’d like to check out the story, feel free to follow the link below. Thanks to all my readers who have read this story and I hope you all continue to enjoy the generations to come.
Echoes of Eternity Maximus One: Wake Up