I was just nominated for the Liebster Award, by Jinx, who writes The Tales of Touperdu. I am really flattered, and honored that she would think of me, and pick me for this. Thank you very much, Jinx! ❤
What the Liebster Award stands for is bloggers supporting other bloggers. It’s an award that is passed on to blogs that you feel stand out. There are some rules for accepting the Liebster Award, which are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Nominees Are:
- The Insane Dubois Legacy by MrsOogieBoogie aka Simcomix – This legacy is a patriarchy in which each heir inherits the insane gene. It is a horror, drama, thriller, and romance story driven legacy with very well written characters and story lines, gorgeous sets, as well as beautiful photographic elements.
- Another Life to Live by MsMidnightBlonde aka RaeNic – This legacy is a “bring me to life challenge” in which the founder must be a Sim who has been revived, hence, brought back to life. It is a matriarchy with a very unique story line and well decorated sets.
- Different Winters by LilyShadowWriter – This legacy is plot driven with story lines that are very emotional and deals with real life emotions and situations, which are written very well.
- Perfection by littlesims2chick aka alexandrea – This story is about a few characters who deal with the stresses of school, romance, and family. It’s well written, and the situations are very realistic and well done.
- Summerdream by caterpillarsims – This is a fantasy story that spans many time eras, with beautiful photography and a very interesting story line.
** If you don’t like my description of your story, let me know how you want me to change it to better represent it, and I will be glad to do so. **
These are Jinx’s 11 questions:
1. Are any of your sims based on real people? Yes, they are. I like to make celebrity Sim-look-a-likes, and then populate my town with them. LOL. Some celebrities I’ve made so far are Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Tom Mison, Mark Wahlberg, and Robert Downey Jr. I also made a Simself.
2. Do you use simming as a sort of platform for writing text stories? Yes, I do. I don’t write anything other than Sims stories, and I always like to use the Sims to put pictures in my stories. I tend to get bored if there are huge walls of text, which means regular books don’t hold my attention at all. I love Sims stories because there are pictures, and that’s one of the things that has kept and held my interest.
3. What part of the world seizes your imagination? Deserts? Islands? The tropics? Europe, Asia, or the US? I really, really like beaches, and the ocean. There’s something serene and peaceful about that type of scenery. Many times the beach also sparks romance in my imagination. Mostly I like things where there’s a lot of water, I recently got The Last Venue of Amore, and it had all the canals, which I love. I love Europe, particularly France, and I like to put French dialogue in my stories occasionally. Egypt also fascinates me, the history of it is very interesting, although I haven’t done much with Egypt in my stories as of yet, it is something I really love. Various parts of the US also make me interested, currently I am exploring New Orleans and the voodoo culture in one of my stories. Castles in Great Britain interest me as well.
4. What era or century do you like to write about? One of my favorite eras is the medieval era. Although I haven’t written about it, there’s something about the rawness of medieval times I find fascinating. Mostly I have written about modern times, although one of my stories deals with a dystopian, end of the world type of era.
5. What music, if any, do you consider the “theme” to your sims stories? Hmm… I have put songs to lots of my stories, for my legacy, I don’t think there is just one song for the whole story, I feel like there’s one song for each generation. However, for The Compound, the music would be “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson, and for Blink of an Eye, the music would be “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons. For my current generation in Echoes of Eternity, “Ghost” by Ella Henderson has a pretty strong influence in what I’ve written so far.
6. Sims 2, Sims 3 or Sims 4? Which do you prefer? I was only introduced to Sims 3, nothing else before then. I’ve seen Sims 2 being played, but I didn’t like the way the Sims looked. I played a free trial of Sims 4, and although there are some aspects of game-play that I do enjoy, there were many things I liked from Sims 3 that were missing from Sims 4. My preference is Sims 3.
7. What novels/movies/tv shows do you love? As I’ve mentioned earlier, huge walls of text can’t keep my attention, so I don’t read novels very much. I love movies, my top five favorites are The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Equilibrium, Exodus, and American Psycho. Ugh, as I’m typing this, I keep thinking of more movies I love, LOL. Some of my favorite tv shows are The Tudors, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (none of the other CSIs, like I don’t like Miami or NY), The Following. House, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.
8. Do you modify your sims’ appearance so they are a bit more ordinary, or do you aim for beauty? I like pretty Sims, I’ve tried playing with some more ordinary looking Sims and I get bored with them. However, I will take features and tweak them so I don’t use the same style of nose or mouth, and within those tweaks, sometimes they might look a little plain, but they’re always pretty despite their plain-ness. I tried making an ugly Sim on purpose, and that just didn’t work. LOL. I got bored and eventually deleted the save.
9. What is the best place you’ve ever lived? My hometown, Chicago. I love it despite all its flaws, and I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city life. I love how they decorate the city at Christmastime, even though I don’t like winter, there’s no denying Chicago is gorgeous when it’s all lit up. The history of the town fascinates me too, with all the gangsters.
10. What kind of snack food do you eat while you’re simming/writing? Hmm… I don’t often eat when I’m doing things like writing or playing Sims or watching tv, but I do drink stuff, usually some sort of mixed alcohol drink, my favorite is vodka plus juice. Sometimes I will eat a small bag of fruit snacks.
11. Are you ever inspired by fiction you’ve read or movies you’ve watched? Definitely by movies I’ve watched, also tv shows I’ve watched. The Compound was inspired partly by The Following, Blink of an Eye was inspired partly by Revolution, and each generation of Echoes of Eternity is inspired by a movie quote that I love. Usually I’ll be inspired by the feel of the show or movie and try to put a little bit of that feel into my writing.
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What got you interested in writing? Have you always been a natural writer, or did some life event spark you to start the hobby?
2. How serious are you about writing? Do you want to be a world famous author someday, or do you just write Sims stories for fun?
3. Is there a time of day that’s the best time for you to write?
4. What do you do to get over writers block?
5. What made you start playing Sims?
6. Do you prefer creating and writing about male or female Sims? Why do you prefer the one you do?
7. Other than Sims and writing, what are some of your other hobbies?
8. What are your favorite and least favorite expansion or stuff packs?
9. What is one of your greatest fears regarding your writing?
10. If you could pick five personality traits for your Simself, what would they be? I know when I do it, there’s always more than five I want to use, but just think of the first five that come to mind.
11. What is your favorite type of CC to download and why?
May 16, 2015 at 2:52 pm
I totally agree with you… I love the pictures in all the sims stories. Even books that turn into movies always interest me more… I think it’s always a plus to have some sort of visual when reading something and that’s why I love sims story blogs too.
I don’t know why but I’m so surprised you’re interested in medieval times… You seem so ‘modern-esque?’ idk Lol.
I can’t believe you’re from Chicago either lol. My mother used to live there… waaaaay back in the day lol, she loved it though.
I don’t really know 5 bloggers…But I’ll try to find some.
Late Knight Simmer
May 16, 2015 at 3:00 pm
IKR? Pictures just make life interesting. LOL.
Haha, well, I’m pretty unique, so I might not seem a certain way, but I have little secrets about me that surprise people. Even though I don’t write about medieval times, my evil side really resonates with it. I love the clothes from it, all the corsets and fancy dresses that the queens got to wear, I love that shit. I feel like the medieval times was really mysterious, and there was always something going on in the background that most people didn’t necessarily know about. Also, it’s really hard to tell what people are like over the internet, cause you only get a sense of how they are from how they act I guess.
LOL where did you think I was from? I don’t live in Chicago anymore, but it’s my home, and I miss it. It’ll always have a piece of my heart for sure.
Yeah, LOL, it’s okay, you don’t have to strain yourself for this, especially if you’re busy. I just nominated you cause your story is cool and I like reading it. I had a hard time thinking of 5 bloggers too. XD
May 16, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Yeah. 😀 And I didn’t mean to seem rude when I said that lol I know you probably didn’t take it that way but I’m just clarifying. You are very unique and surprising. I like corsets but I’ve never really been into European/ English (idk what to call it lol) culture I guess, history just isn’t my thing but from what I remember the medieval era was pretty chilling with the Plague and all that. I do like the idea of Queens though.. You know they have a Sims Medieval? If you want to write a story in that time period it would probably easier with that game… Idk if pose player and all that stuff works with it though, I assume it would. But yeah it was full of scandal, my teacher told us stories about prostitution in the churches…We never knew if it was true but he claimed it had to be true, I kind of do believe it though.
But yeah I hate talking over the net, it’s so impersonal. I’m really quiet in real-life though. I guess I thought you were from Massachusetts or somewhere like that… I don’t know lol I just never expected you to be from Chi-town. And awww thanks, I enjoy reading your story too. I have 2 bloggers in mind right now…The other 3 will hopefully pop into my mind. I’m not busy now, just pretty tired.
Late Knight Simmer
May 16, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Heehee, yeah I didn’t think you were trying to be mean, but thank you for clarifying. XD LOL, that’s interesting, Massachussetts, just cause I’ve never been there. Actually yeah I have heard of the Sims Medieval. It was before I started playing Sims, when I saw it at the store, and was like “ooh cool” but then I never bought it. LOL. Yeah, that’s what I like, the scandal and how stuff wasn’t always what it seems. I feel like people always label things a lot these days and they think everything is black and white. As if you’re supposed to fit into a certain mold once you’re labelled or something. I like that the medieval times proved that things are not black and white, especially with scandals in the church, where people were supposed to be religious and good and whatever, but they were just people, so they made mistakes and weren’t perfect like people think. I don’t like the diseases obviously, but who does? LOL. I’d call medieval stuff European, cause it was a time period that existed before America, and I’m kind of the opposite, I really like history. Ooh, that’s good that you came up with some people. XD
May 16, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Awww, thanks for the nomination, love! And you like my sets? :blush: Well, gosh. Thanks. *shuffles feet* lol Love you!
Ah, Chicago. How I’d love to visit you during Christmastime. Or any time really. Your movie and tv choices are da’ best. haha And beaches are awesome, they could inspire me anyday. Ah look at all this wonderful stuff we’re learning about you, just getting to know you, getting to know all about youuuuu. lol ❤
Late Knight Simmer
May 16, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Hi! Yes, I like your sets. Heehee. They’re so pretty. Love you too. You’re welcome.
LOL, Chicago is awesome during Christmas… well, minus the snow and stupid ice. Hahaha. D’aww, I’m glad you like my movie/tv choices, XD. I know right? The beaches are cool and just perfect. Heehee. ❤
May 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Thanks for the nomination! This is now my second one, yay! Hahaha
Late Knight Simmer
May 17, 2015 at 2:49 pm
You’re welcome! ❤ You totally deserve it. 🙂
May 17, 2015 at 2:50 pm
As did you! ;D
May 17, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Ahhhh!!! Thank you so much! I’m extremely flattered that you thought of my blog—I swear this news made me grin so hard, haha. I went ahead and answered all of your questions ^_^
Gah! One of my favorite eras is the medieval era too! It really is fascinating. Loads of the books I’ve read and movies I’ve written have all taken place during that time. I guess it makes sense then why I also love castles in Great Britain. In general I love Europe though—I’m actuallyreally hoping to go this summer, but I may have planned for that a little too late to still get a good deal on plane tickets >.< They're so friggin' expensive. Like gawd take my arm why don't you!?!?
At first I got super excited when you mentioned Chicago because I thought I had a fellow simmer nearby, but then I noticed you wrote all of that in the past tense and that you told littlesims2chick that you USED to live there. Awww, lol. Well, I still agree that I like the way they decorate the city at Christmastime, though there are things about this city I don’t like too. Call it a love/hate relationship on my end, hahaha.
Lastly, I’m with you—I don’t often eat when I’m writing or playing sims and such. Actually, that ends up being a problem sometimes because I’ll go 8 hours in a row writing and/or taking pictures and then I’m all like, “Why am I starving? OH RIGHT!” *flees to go eat* Lmao. Terrible XD
Thanks again!!!! You’re too kind! ❤
Late Knight Simmer
May 17, 2015 at 3:04 pm
LOL. You’re welcome. I had come to really love your story as I kept reading it more and more, and eventually got caught up. Plus, talking with you on it and my story made me really like you as a person too, especially in James’ generation. ;D You know what I mean. Ooh you did? Awesome, I’ll have to go check out all your answers. 😀
Eeee! *high fives* Fellow medieval lover! Yeah, definitely I love medieval era shows, they’re inspirational in a way, even though they’re all full of evil stuff at times. Oh boo.. sorry you missed that window of opportunity for cheap tickets. Maybe next year? 😀
Well… you might not have to be too disappointed, cause I still live in the same time zone as Chicago, in a neighboring state. 😀 ❤ But yeah, I love the shit out of Chicago, LOL, it's one of my favorite cities, and it always will be.
LOL, yeah, what you just described is more what I do too. Like "shit I have a headache, when's the last time I ate, oh 10am this morning, and it's now 4pm? Damn." LOLLL. Thank god for those food headaches though, then I actually think about it. *snuggles my Sims cause I love them so*
You're very welcome! ❤ Thank you for being an awesome person, and chit chatting with me so much.
May 17, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Yes! I definitely know what you mean and feel the exact same way, which is why I think I was extra excited when you nominated me! I’m so glad that I found both you and your awesome stories ^_^
Oooh okay, well good to know that you aren’t too far off–time-zone buddies! Haha. Do you get to ever visit Chicago then? Sounds like it may be worth a trip, especially during Christmastime! Did you ever go to that little German Christmas market downtown while you were here? I think it’s called Christkindlmarket–I like to go and buy ALL the European chocolates, lmao.
Bahahaha, glad I’m not the only one who neglects their health for the Sims. ….wait a second, that is not something I should be glad about, LOL. The things we do for these Sims….I actually just spent like three days sorting my CC too. That is all I did. Sort CC. I mean, WHAT? So, so sad XD
No problem! Thank you as well for chit-chatting with me ^_^;
Late Knight Simmer
May 17, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Awww, T_T thanks so much. LOL.
Yeah! Definite time zone buddies. ^_^ I have gone back and visited Chicago once since I moved away, to visit my dad, he and I met up there and hung out. We drove around our old neighborhood where I grew up, visited the Motorola office he used to work in, and ate at a quaint little diner the day i left. It was good times. I think I went in like spring or something, just to avoid the winter weather. LOL. I like the way snow looks, but I hate driving in it, especially when I have to travel out of town for it, so I tend to just not go out of town during winter. I’ll drive around within my own town when it’s all snowy and shitty, but it just takes too long to go anywhere far away. Hmm, I don’t think I specifically went to the little German market, but I might have to now that you mentioned it LOL. ❤
Hahaha, that's hilarious. Yes, definitely have to keep an eye on my craziness when I'm playing, it's really bad when I've got ideas for a story, that I feel like I need to get typed out before I forget. LOL. Too funny. Too funny. Ahh man, yeah, the CC sorting days. Those are a must have, especially with how much CC I accumulate over time. O_O Yikes.