I was just nominated for the Liebster Award, by Jinx, who writes The Tales of Touperdu. I am really flattered, and honored that she would think of me, and pick me for this. Thank you very much, Jinx! ❤
What the Liebster Award stands for is bloggers supporting other bloggers. It’s an award that is passed on to blogs that you feel stand out. There are some rules for accepting the Liebster Award, which are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Nominees Are:
- The Insane Dubois Legacy by MrsOogieBoogie aka Simcomix – This legacy is a patriarchy in which each heir inherits the insane gene. It is a horror, drama, thriller, and romance story driven legacy with very well written characters and story lines, gorgeous sets, as well as beautiful photographic elements.
- Another Life to Live by MsMidnightBlonde aka RaeNic – This legacy is a “bring me to life challenge” in which the founder must be a Sim who has been revived, hence, brought back to life. It is a matriarchy with a very unique story line and well decorated sets.
- Different Winters by LilyShadowWriter – This legacy is plot driven with story lines that are very emotional and deals with real life emotions and situations, which are written very well.
- Perfection by littlesims2chick aka alexandrea – This story is about a few characters who deal with the stresses of school, romance, and family. It’s well written, and the situations are very realistic and well done.
- Summerdream by caterpillarsims – This is a fantasy story that spans many time eras, with beautiful photography and a very interesting story line.
** If you don’t like my description of your story, let me know how you want me to change it to better represent it, and I will be glad to do so. **
These are Jinx’s 11 questions:
1. Are any of your sims based on real people? Yes, they are. I like to make celebrity Sim-look-a-likes, and then populate my town with them. LOL. Some celebrities I’ve made so far are Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Tom Mison, Mark Wahlberg, and Robert Downey Jr. I also made a Simself.
2. Do you use simming as a sort of platform for writing text stories? Yes, I do. I don’t write anything other than Sims stories, and I always like to use the Sims to put pictures in my stories. I tend to get bored if there are huge walls of text, which means regular books don’t hold my attention at all. I love Sims stories because there are pictures, and that’s one of the things that has kept and held my interest.
3. What part of the world seizes your imagination? Deserts? Islands? The tropics? Europe, Asia, or the US? I really, really like beaches, and the ocean. There’s something serene and peaceful about that type of scenery. Many times the beach also sparks romance in my imagination. Mostly I like things where there’s a lot of water, I recently got The Last Venue of Amore, and it had all the canals, which I love. I love Europe, particularly France, and I like to put French dialogue in my stories occasionally. Egypt also fascinates me, the history of it is very interesting, although I haven’t done much with Egypt in my stories as of yet, it is something I really love. Various parts of the US also make me interested, currently I am exploring New Orleans and the voodoo culture in one of my stories. Castles in Great Britain interest me as well.
4. What era or century do you like to write about? One of my favorite eras is the medieval era. Although I haven’t written about it, there’s something about the rawness of medieval times I find fascinating. Mostly I have written about modern times, although one of my stories deals with a dystopian, end of the world type of era.
5. What music, if any, do you consider the “theme” to your sims stories? Hmm… I have put songs to lots of my stories, for my legacy, I don’t think there is just one song for the whole story, I feel like there’s one song for each generation. However, for The Compound, the music would be “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson, and for Blink of an Eye, the music would be “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons. For my current generation in Echoes of Eternity, “Ghost” by Ella Henderson has a pretty strong influence in what I’ve written so far.
6. Sims 2, Sims 3 or Sims 4? Which do you prefer? I was only introduced to Sims 3, nothing else before then. I’ve seen Sims 2 being played, but I didn’t like the way the Sims looked. I played a free trial of Sims 4, and although there are some aspects of game-play that I do enjoy, there were many things I liked from Sims 3 that were missing from Sims 4. My preference is Sims 3.
7. What novels/movies/tv shows do you love? As I’ve mentioned earlier, huge walls of text can’t keep my attention, so I don’t read novels very much. I love movies, my top five favorites are The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Equilibrium, Exodus, and American Psycho. Ugh, as I’m typing this, I keep thinking of more movies I love, LOL. Some of my favorite tv shows are The Tudors, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (none of the other CSIs, like I don’t like Miami or NY), The Following. House, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.
8. Do you modify your sims’ appearance so they are a bit more ordinary, or do you aim for beauty? I like pretty Sims, I’ve tried playing with some more ordinary looking Sims and I get bored with them. However, I will take features and tweak them so I don’t use the same style of nose or mouth, and within those tweaks, sometimes they might look a little plain, but they’re always pretty despite their plain-ness. I tried making an ugly Sim on purpose, and that just didn’t work. LOL. I got bored and eventually deleted the save.
9. What is the best place you’ve ever lived? My hometown, Chicago. I love it despite all its flaws, and I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city life. I love how they decorate the city at Christmastime, even though I don’t like winter, there’s no denying Chicago is gorgeous when it’s all lit up. The history of the town fascinates me too, with all the gangsters.
10. What kind of snack food do you eat while you’re simming/writing? Hmm… I don’t often eat when I’m doing things like writing or playing Sims or watching tv, but I do drink stuff, usually some sort of mixed alcohol drink, my favorite is vodka plus juice. Sometimes I will eat a small bag of fruit snacks.
11. Are you ever inspired by fiction you’ve read or movies you’ve watched? Definitely by movies I’ve watched, also tv shows I’ve watched. The Compound was inspired partly by The Following, Blink of an Eye was inspired partly by Revolution, and each generation of Echoes of Eternity is inspired by a movie quote that I love. Usually I’ll be inspired by the feel of the show or movie and try to put a little bit of that feel into my writing.
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What got you interested in writing? Have you always been a natural writer, or did some life event spark you to start the hobby?
2. How serious are you about writing? Do you want to be a world famous author someday, or do you just write Sims stories for fun?
3. Is there a time of day that’s the best time for you to write?
4. What do you do to get over writers block?
5. What made you start playing Sims?
6. Do you prefer creating and writing about male or female Sims? Why do you prefer the one you do?
7. Other than Sims and writing, what are some of your other hobbies?
8. What are your favorite and least favorite expansion or stuff packs?
9. What is one of your greatest fears regarding your writing?
10. If you could pick five personality traits for your Simself, what would they be? I know when I do it, there’s always more than five I want to use, but just think of the first five that come to mind.
11. What is your favorite type of CC to download and why?